martes

SELF ASSESSMENT


"I think that this course and the activities we did throughout the semester were a great adventure that will help me learn new skills for teaching English to children. It is crazy just to think I was teaching children because I had never done that, but I decided to take this experience as a challenge. I never imagined myself teaching children. Before I started to teach them, I was very nervous. I didn’t know how to deal with children; the only thing that I knew about teaching children is that treating them is not as easy as it seems because they are very restless, distracted, active, and sometimes hyperactive; to be honest I was scared. Now, I can say that in this course I learned more about solving problems in the process of teaching English to children.
Returning to what I think about this course; I’ve never expected to love this because actually I really love it. We know that seeing the little girls and little boys smiling is something beautiful, and that’s why I will try to do my best in every class I will develop in the future.
One of the problems I had when I was teaching happened when I was teaching colors. I have prepared the class; I have already done the lesson plan, but I had never expected that I was going to have trouble that day. I had prepared a game for practicing colors and I tried to explain to my students the easiest way for playing the game but they could not carry out the activity. After that I felt so bad because I did not have a “plan b”, so I could not solve the problem easily. I had to deal with three problems: first, an activity that was too difficult for my kids nevertheless, second, an activity that did not work and third, I had extra time because the game was the wrap up activity. I had to Improvise and I gave to everyone a page in order to they drew something."  -- CRISTIAN CASTRO

"Since the moment we started this curse, l felt the luckiest girl on earth. Ever since l first began taking this bubject, l wanted to go and teach young learners. l have had some experience with my little sister Alisson because l have taught her some vocabulary in English. This experience l had has helped me gain more confidence and feel comfortable with others. When l first went to the Kindergarten, l was nervous! It'd be my first experience teaching young kids. l was expecting the best out of the kids, but l was not sure lf l was going to make it through the day. After several weeks of learning how to be a teacher, l found out this is what l want to do with the rest of my life. 
Some recommendations I’d like to give you are:
- If you don't love English (especially teaching) make sure to choose the major you think will suit your necessities.
- If you have no patience with children, learn how to control yourself first in order to control other people." -- ERIKA ARGUETA





 At the beginning of the course, I was a little bit scared about teaching English to young learners because I knew that I would have to cope with some problems, but when I realized that the teacher was going to explain all the things that we needed to know for teaching, I felt in calm. When I start the course I did not have big desires for teaching children, but that thought changed immediately after I taught my first class. Now I can say that I love children because they are so lovely and pure.  This semester, I have learned not only how to teach English to young learners but also how to solve problems in the classroom. The knowledge that I have got, will help to in all my life because they are like general knowledge for someone who want to become a teacher. I also think that I have not only grown as a student teacher but also as a human. Now I understand much better teacher who says that the world of teaching is not as easy as all the people think.  

My recommendations to better this course is reduce a little bit the theory because sometimes I personally felt like “there is a buncheof information”. I really like the way you teach most of the classes because you are not a traditional teacher and that make us as students be asking what is going to happen next and that is amazing.” – VANESSA MARTINEZ





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario