miércoles

WHEN THINGS GO WRONG IN CLASS

When things go wrong in the classroom (According To Vanessa's  Teaching Practicum)

1. There was an internal disturbance in the classroom 
One day, I was teaching colors. I was trying to explain one of the activities that I had prepared one day before the class, when  a child told me, “teacher, Johanna hit me’’. I did not know how to react to that because I had never passed through something like that before. I order to solve that problem, I called Johanna , and I asked her why she hit the child?. Johanna told me that the other child, Eliseo, hit her first so that she hit him too. I told her, “You cannot solve a problem in that way”. Finally, she understood and promised me that she would never do that again. 

2. The class went out of control 

         That day, I was teaching numbers when something happened. The children started to speak out loud, to run through the classroom, and to do what they wanted to. At first, I was thinking that they will pay attention some minutes after, but they did not pay attention at all. I tried to speak louder, to shut them up, but that did not work.  Their teacher came in to the classroom and tried to control them, but she herself could not so that I help her sitting down the children. At the end the teacher and I talked with them about their misbehavior. I asked them if they taught  they did something wrong , and they answered.  The teacher and I told them what the way we wanted them to behave was. 

3.An activity didn’t work 

          When I was teaching the numbers, I tried to make the children play ‘Sharps are coming, but in a simple way for them to understand easily. I explained every single step in Spanish. When we were about to start, the children started to push each other and to run through the hall since we were not able to play inside the classroom. Because I realized that they didn’t understand the game, I decided to change it so I invented one that I don’t even remember which was it about , but it worked. 


         I didn’t applied the tips presented in chapter 8 because in the time those problems happened , I had not read that part of the book, but I truly believe that most of the tips that the books teaches can be apply in almost every classroom. Of course, If I had read that, for me it would have been easier to deal with misbehavior.

✌         ✌        ✌         ✌        ✌       ✌      ✌      ✌     ✌      ✌      ✌      ✌      ✌     ✌     ✌   ✌     ✌     ✌     

Erika's Oppinion

1. There was an internal disturbance

        One thing I noticed was that kids were constantly distracted by the other classrooms. It happened most of the time with K-4 because the K-5 kids were always talking, leaving the classroom, and running away from the teacher. This actually happened the first week l went to the kindergarten. lateer on, kids were no longer distracted by anything.

2- An Activity took too long

        During my second week of teaching, l had prepared some activities about animals for the kids to work on them. I had prepared the papers with the drawings l was supossed to give them; once l began developing my class, I realized l had not enough pages for the kids!! l asked the teacher that was in charge for permission to go out and fotocopy the pages, but she came out with an amazing ldea - to cut the pages in half and give them to the kids like that- Hard to believe, but it worked! Too bad the activity, which was supossed to last 10 minutes, lasted almost 30.

3- You had extra time

       Every week, after finishing classes with K-5 (at about 9.30am) l would sit down and prepare the material l'd use with K-6. That extra time was a helper because l really needed to organize my thoughts, ideas, and pages for the other classes.

4- An Activity was too difficult

For my K-4 Ss there was an activity that they couldn´t develop the way they were supossed to. l had given them some pipecleaners to create different shapes.(A square, circle, triangle, and a diamond) I didn't  know how to tell the kids the way they were supossed to do the shapes l had prepared for them. Anyway, they only did the easiest shapes during the time l had to develop such task.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario