viernes

THE YOUNG LEARNER

The kids we taught were the most amazing kids we had. Despite of their age, they are very smart and talented. In my case (Cristian speaks) the kids l taught English to didn’t know a lot of thigs, so that was a challenge for me. After some classes, l realized that kids were understanding most of the things l taught them and l felt good about myself.



My kids on the other hand (Erika speaks) were the most charming kids l have ever met! I had in charge 75 kids in total. (30 in K-5, 25 in K-6 and 20 in K-4) They were very hyperactive in every single class, but they also loved to participate in everything l used to do at the moment of teaching.

The kids used to react well to all of the activities we did with them. (Vanessa speaks) The chapters of the book “Teaching English to Young learners” gave us a lot of ideas to use in our classes, and what also helped us was the use of the different tools that were mentioned. In chapter 4, there were lots of ideas of tools we could use in order to teach English to Young kids. One of those tools was puppets; I remember Erika telling me she used them when teaching toys and colors. And l thought that there was no difference between the kids we had to teach and the ones mentioned in the book.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario